My very first appearance at Miss North Carolina US International was at 24 Hours of Booty, in Charlotte, North Carolina. That afternoon, a HUGE storm blew through leaving us with some drizzle and lots of humidity. While it was a great event, I left looking way less than regal and realized that something had to change.
That morning, I'd showered and straightened my air-dried hair with no product and went off to work. When I got home that night, I was seriously regretting it! Worst hair day ever, anyone??
That's where my friends over at The Daily Details came into save the day! I had a quick little lesson to learn just how to style my hair from start to finish for all kinds of different events using a blow dryer, round brushes and curling iron!
The 9-5 is the envy of every workplace. She seamlessly walks in Monday (or any workday) with an incredibly shiny blowout. Perfect for everyday great looking hair that no one is sure whether it was achieved at a salon or on their own!
This look is perfect for school presentations, meeting with sponsors, or any casual attire appearance!
Babe Braids (off of the menu)
Similar to the Maverick, the team at The Daily Details is happy to do a braided style to suit your needs! This look can go from volunteering at the registration table of a 5k to pure barre to lunch with the girls.
The Maverick has never played by the rules and why should she? She is the perfect mix, seeming both mysterious and outgoing that makes everyone want to be friends with her. Perfect for a low maintenance, yet styled look to meet up for a coffee date or out with girlfriends for a drink!
The Showstopper doesn’t even bat an eyelash when every head in the room turns to look at her. She ‘s not afraid of a bold look, whether it’s red lips, a crop top or killer heels. This look is perfect for a Friday night date or weekday pick-me-up to remind you that you’ve still got it!
This look is perfect for emceeing a local pageant, walking the red carpet or a photo shoot! A more glamorous style, these big bouncy curls perfectly compliment your crown!
Styling Tips and Tricks:
- Pre-dry! You don't want to apply product to soaking wet hair. Roughly dry, apply your heat protectant and styling cream, and then blow it out. We used a "cocktail" Kenra Perfect Blowout Light Hold Styling Cream and Moroccan Oil Blow Dry Concentrate.
- When sectioning your hair, grab a little bit from each side of your part and pull back to the crown of your head and section off. This will give you a little bit of extra volume!
- When blowing out your hair, NEVER take a section wider than your brush! If you have shoulder length to collarbone length hair, TDD recommends a one inch round brush. For hair longer than your collarbone, size up to 1.5" or 2" round brush. Always point your blow dryer down the cuticle of your hair, and be sure your ends are curled under.
- Spray before you play. After styling, use a hairspray that's not too sticky or heavy. Use your fingers or a wide tooth comb to brush out curls to create loose waves
- Don't touch your hair while it's still warm. The more you touch your hair when it's freshly curled, the less likely the style will hold. DO NOT TOUCH.
- I love my BaByliss 1 inch curling iron, and it's the same model they use at The Daily Details! For looser, bigger curls, or if you have longer hair, try a 2 inch barrel.